Commonly used in personal care and cosmetic formulations, Craftiviti's Virgin Kokum Butter has a high stearic acid content which will add firming properties to your end product. It also helps thicken products like lotions and conditioners. This hard butter helps prevent the drying of the skin without clogging pores, and has antioxidant properties.
Kokum Butter Material Safety Data Sheet
FACTS ON OUR VIRGIN KOKUM BUTTER
- Country of Origin: India
- INCI Name: Garcinia Indica Seed Butter
- Scent: Slightly Nutty, Earthy Odour
- Colour: Brownish
- Refinement status: Unrefined
- Type of Butter: Hard
- Melting point: 38°C-44°C
- Saponification Value: 160 - 200
- Iodine Value: <40
- Usage ratio: From 3% to 100% of total weight
- Packing size: 100g & 500g (For bulk orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For topical applications only. DO NOT CONSUME.
Benefits of Kokum Butter
- Helps treat damaged skin
- Antibacterial - aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds
- Anti-inflammatory - can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema
- Antioxidant - help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues
- Helps stabilize emulsions
- Softens the skin and restores skin flexibility
How to Use
Soap Making - Kokum Butter can be used in cold process soap of up to 10%. Because of that high stearic acid content, a larger amount can cause the soap to trace fairly quickly. Can also be added to M&P soap at no more than 1 tablespoon for 1kg.
Lip balm - Substitute shea butter/mango butter with kokum butter at about 5% to your original lip balm recipe. If you add more kokum butter, the lip balm may turn out too hard for your liking so do a small trial test before making a larger batch.
Rich Body Butter - Melt Kokum butter, shea butter and 2 types of carrier oil (ie: avocado oil and Sea Buckthorn oil or Tamanu Oil and jojoba oil) in equal parts. Stir well and add in your own essential oil blend.
Want to see how this product looks like in real life? Visit us at out store at 10 Boulevard, Petaling Jaya!
For bulk orders, kindly email email@example.com.